The Executive Committee of the Gait and Clinical Movement Analysis Society is seeking proposals to host the Year 2016 Annual Meeting. We welcome proposals involving lower cost venues such as university facilities, as well as hotel based venues.
Examples of the criteria by which proposals will be evaluated include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Demonstrated level of commitment
- Host organizational resources
- Experience of proposed group
- Transportation/accessibility factors
- Hotel accommodation factors
- Meeting facility & proximity of presentation, poster, and exhibitor space
- Audio/visual capabilities
- Ability to provide CME credit or work with the GCMAS CME provider
- Ability to provide CEU credit
- Cost factors (room night requirements, minimum food & beverage charges, room rates, AV costs, CME/CEU costs, etc.)
- Dates (avoid POSNA, Mother’s day, Easter)
- Local attractions and activities
Potential hosts are strongly encouraged to use the free services of HelmsBriscoe when searching for conference locations. HelmsBriscoe has significant negotiating power, which will help us to keep costs affordable, and they will have the meeting specifications, simplifying the site selection process for you (you can specify any particular hotels you would like to consider). If you intend to use HelmsBriscoe, they request that you let them make first contact with the hotels to give them the greatest negotiating power. Our contact at HelmsBriscoe is Debbie Daly (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Those submitting a “letter (or e-mail) of interest” will be given more specific information about the meeting requirements. If you have any questions or require additional information, please do not hesitate to contact Dr. MacWilliams.
Deadline for submission of “letter of interest”: June 20, 2014
Full proposals will be due: August 26, 2014
Please submit your letter of interest to:
Bruce MacWilliams, Ph.D.
President – GCMAS
1275 Fairfax Rd. Salt Lake City, UT 84103