Annual Meeting Proposals
The Board of Directors of the Gait and Clinical Movement Analysis Society is seeking proposals to host the Year 2014 and Year 2015 Annual Meetings. We welcome proposals involving lower cost venues such as university facilities, as well as hotel-based venues. The 2015 meeting will be our 20th!
Examples of the criteria by which proposals will be evaluated include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Demonstrated level of commitment
• Host organizational resources
• Experience of proposed group
• Transportation/accessibility factors
• Hotel accommodation factors
• Meeting facility & proximity of presentation, poster, and exhibitor space
• Audio/visual capabilities
• Ability to provide CME/CEU credit
• Cost factors (room night requirements, minimum food & beverage charges, room rates, AV costs, CME/CEU costs, etc.)
• Dates (avoid POSNA, Mother’s Day, Easter)
• Local attractions and activities
Potential hosts are strongly encouraged to use the free services of HelmsBriscoe when searching for conference locations. HelmsBriscoe is familiar with GCMAS and has significant negotiating power, which will help us to keep costs affordable. They will have our meeting specifications, simplifying the site selection process for you (you can specify any particular hotels you would like to consider). If you intend to use HelmsBriscoe, they request that you let them make first contact with the hotels to achieve the greatest negotiating power. Our contact at HelmsBriscoe is Deb Daly (email@example.com).
Those submitting a letter (or e-mail) of interest will be given more specific information about the meeting requirements. If you have any questions or require additional information, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Deadline for submission of Letter of Interest: May 1, 2012
Full proposals due: August 1, 2012
|Call for Letters of Interest (2014 and 2015 Annual Meetings)||54.04 KB|